Enoforum Award 2018
Here is the list of the 12 candidates selected for the Enoforum Award 2018
The first phase of evaluation of the candidates for the Enoforum Award 2018 "Spanish Research for Development" has concluded.
The Enoforum 2018 Prize, worth € 5000, is intended for the work of a Spanish researcher who has been able to carry out a work of high scientific value and deemed useful by the experts in the wine sector.
In the first phase, a Scientific Committee composed of 20 Spanish academics, has selected among all the candidate works (21 in this edition) those considered in general more innovative.
The second phase will consist in the oral presentation of these selected works in Enoforum 2018 (Zaragoza, May 31-June 1, 2018), where the participating technicians will evaluate them based on the usefulness for their own work. The classification will establish, in this way, the finalist works and the winning work.
Below is the list of the 12 candidates selected by the Scientific Committee that will be presented in ENOFORUM:
- Effect of the training system and the density of branches on the yield and fruit composition of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, in the warm climate region
Emilio Peiro, Grupo de Investigación en Viticultura. E.T.S.I.A.A.B. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Vineyard techniques of canopy management to mitigate the effects of global warming
Fernando Martínez de Toda, Instituto de Ciencias de la Vid y del Vino, Universidad de La Rioja.
- Effect of foliar application of an extract of grape marc on the phenolic composition of Monastrell wines
Rocio Gil Muñoz, Instituto Murciano de Investigación y Desarrollo Agrario y Alimentario
- Biological control of Botrytis cinerea in grapes: effects on the winemaking process and the quality of grapes, must and wine
Lucía González-Arenzana, Instituto de Ciencias de la Vid y del Vino, Universidad de La Rioja, CSIC
- Near-infrared spectroscopy and hyperspectral imaging: non-invasive and rapid techniques to determine the composition of intact grapes
Maria Paz Diago Santamaria, Instituto de Ciencias de la Vid y del Vino, Universidad de La Rioja, CSIC
- Sensors and artificial intelligence tools in the identification and characterization of wines made from the Tempranillo grapes
Manel del Valle Zafra, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
- Improvement of the fermentative efficiency of wine yeasts by treatment with food-grade antioxidants during their production in the form of active dry yeast (ADY)
Emilia Matallana Redondo, I2Sysbio, Universitat de València/CSIC
- The visual appeal of red wine color: microbiological implications
José Antonio Suárez Lepe, Grupo Enotec-UPM, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Reduction of aging time on lees of Chardonnay wine by electroporation
Juan Manuel Martínez, Dept. Tecnología de los Alimentos, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Zaragoza
- Pulsed electric fields (PEF), a viable technology to improve the extraction of polyphenols in the red winemaking process
Marcos Andres Maza, Departamento de Tecnología de los Alimentos, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Zaragoza
- Advances in the knowledge of chemical, biochemical and physiological factors involved in the retronasal aroma during wine consumption
Miriam del Pozo Bayón, Instituto de Investigación en Ciencias de la Alimentación (CIAL) CSIC-UAM
- Effect of the type of preferred wine on the hedonic and emotional response of Spanish consumers
Maria Mora Gijon, Basque Culinary Center (Bcc lnnovation)
Published on 17/04/2018